Welcome to another fabulous edition of supercar sightings. Yes, this is the world-renowned editorial piece where yours truly goes searching up and down the breadth of the country to find supercars being actually used instead of being holed up in pokey garages.

Previously on Supercar Sightings, you saw Tim’s visit to a Bugatti dealership and I had the good fortune of running into a bright orange 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo.

In this edition, I managed to get a little bit lucky. Picture myself stumbling out of a nightclub at 3am, and to my surprise, I see the world’s fastest production car staring back at me, complete in blue and white trim. Yes, I came face to face with the 1000 horsepower Bugatti Veyron.

In the flesh, this car is truly stunning. Forget supercar, this thing is a hypercar and an extremely rare one at that. Coming in at a cool $1.7 million per vehicle with only 300 made for production, and you know that you’re in automobile royalty. This original version has a top speed of 253 miles per hour and is able to accelerate to 60 in a staggering 2.46 seconds. Only the Veyron SuperSports tops this, with a top speed of 268 miles per hour.

Next up at a family wedding I managed to get a glimpse of the new flagship Golf variant, the Volkswagen Golf R20.

For me this was just as exciting, as it’s the car I am dying to get my hands on to review. VW, if you’re reading this, get in touch! Kitted out in 5 spoke black rims this white edition R20 really looked the part at night and the sound it made when driving down the road was perky and exciting. From the sound of things, this vehicle had the 7-speed DSG auto gearbox which pulls off shifts in the blink of an eye.

Stats-wise, this 2.0 litre TFSI makes 270bhp as well as 258 lb-ft of torque between 2,500 and 5,000rpm. Thankfully Volkswagen have put in the Haldex all-wheel drive to control this beast through the corners, and so it doesn’t suffer from potential torque steer like other crazy hot hatches (I’m looking at you Ford Focus RS).

That’s all folks. In the meantime I’m going to keep my eyes peeled for more supercar shenanigans. If you happen to catch any supercars around where you live, and if it’s safe to do so, why not take a quick snap or video and send it to Car Throttle? We promise to give you your 5 minutes of fame guaranteed!